The White Star, formerly known as Ivana Ivanova was built in 1954 and was part of the Russian commercial fishing fleet in the Black See. A Cypriot Company purchased the boat and renamed it ‘White Star’. In 2005 due to changes in the commercial fishing regulation the company had to take her out of service. The infrastructure has been removed and the vessel has been left to float in the harbor of paphos until February 2006 when after having been partially submerged due to some cracks in the hull that let water in, it was decided to tow her to Limassol to be completely scrapped.
The ‘White Star’ sunk on February 18th 2007 during her transportation to Limassol, and now lies down in 18 metres of water on a rocky bottom.